Frequently Asked Questions
User IDs and Passwords

How do I get a User ID and Password?
If you are a resident of Rosecroft Village and do not have a user id and password (or have forgotten it), you can e-mail a request for the information by CLICKING HERE.

What happens if I forget my password?
There are two ways to get a password. There is a link on the User Login page "Forgotten Password" that will send an e-mail to the site administrator. There is also a link at the bottom of every page ("Contact Site Administrator") that will send an e-mail. In either case, the administrator will set up a temporary password for you, which you can change the next time you log in.

How do I change my password?
There is a link on the User Login page "Change your password" that will prompt you for you User ID, old (temporary) password, and new password.

Can our family have more than one User ID and Password?
Yes. Simply send an e-mail to the site administrator with the specifics of your request. Several families already have more then one user id and password and it only takes a few minutes to set one up.

Homeowner's Directory

The information in the directory is inaccurate, what should I do about it?
You can edit your directory information by selecting the "Your Entry" button on the directory page. You can add, change, or delete any information. You should also notify the site administrator if your name is incorrect or you change your e-mail address.

Can anyone outside of our community view the directory information?
No. The Homeowners Directory is one of the "secured" features on the site. All secured features require a User ID and Password, and those are only issued to our homeowners.

I noticed a place to upload a family picture in my directory entry, should I?
You certainly may, but there are guidelines that must be followed. Since our Association pays for any excess space on the web server, your picture must be very small (no more than 10k). If you can resize a photograph to meet the guidelines, go right ahead. If you don't know how to resize digital images and still want to include the family picture, you can send it as an attachment to the site administrator, who will gladly resize it and post it for you.

Printing from the Web Site

How do I print the Association documents?
All of the Association Documents are stored in a Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf) which requires the Adobe Reader® to access. The reader is available as a free download from Adobe and a there is a link on the Documents page to get your copy. Once you have installed the reader and opened the document, you will find a print icon (a small button with a picture of a printer on it) in the title bar. Use that to print the documents.

How do I print a page on the web site?
You can use your browser's print button to print any page on the site. If you do not want to print the buttons and other graphic elements on the page, we recommend that you first select the "Printer friendly" link at the top of the page, then use your browser's print button. Once the printing is complete, user the "Back" button to return your screen to a normal display.

E-Mail Addresses

Why does the Association need my e-mail address?
One of reasons the Board of Directors decided to implement a new web site was to save money and improve communications. Use of e-mail to notify homeowners of important happenings accomplishes both objectives.

What if I change my e-mail address?
E-mail addresses are actually stored in two separate locations on the web server: In the Homeowners Directory, which you can change yourself; and, in your User record, which only a site administrator can change. For that reason, we request that you notify the site administrator whenever you change e-mail addresses so that both records can be updated.

Can I make my e-mail address available to the Association without exposing it to my neighbors?
Yes. You can remove the e-mail address in the Directory, which your neighbors can view; and retain it in the User record, which the Association uses for homeowner e-mails. But remember, only our residents have access to the directory, so there is no danger of your e-mail address being used for marketing purposes.

Our Web Site

Can I submit news articles to the web site?
Please do! Keeping the news on the web site "fresh" is one of the biggest challenges for the site administrators. You can click on the "Contact site administrator" link on the bottom of this (and every) page to send your suggestions. Your submission may be edited, or if not deemed appropriate by the Board, not used. If that happens, you will be notified by e-mail of the reason.

Can I make suggestions for things I'd like to see on the web site?
Certainly, and they would be appreciated. You can use the "Contact site administrator" link at the bottom of every page to do that.

Why does the right side of the page scroll off of my screen?
Thatís a screen resolution problem. The site has been optimized for 1024x768 viewing. You can use a lower resolution, but some horizontal scrolling will occur.

Sometimes the images don't display, what is wrong?
Thatís usually caused by a pop-up blocker. You should configure your blocker to recognize this site or disable it when you are on this site. Unfortunately, we can't provide specific instructions because there are many pop-up blockers and they are all slightly different.

I sometimes get an "Invalid Session" message, what is wrong?
Thatís usually caused by a cookie blocker. That means when you log on, the system can't store your user information (see below) as a cookie. You should configure your cookie blocker to recognize this site or disable it when you are on this site. Since there are so many options for blocking cookies, we can't provide specific instructions.

Sometime, when I click on a link, nothing happens. Whatís wrong?
Most of the external links on this site open in a new window so that when you're finished with it and close the window, you are returned to our site. Links not opening correctly are most likely caused by a pop-up blocker that is activated either in your browser or as a separate piece of software. To correct the problem, you should configure the browser, or the pop-up blocker software, to recognize our site. Since there are so many options for blocking pop-ups, we can't provide more specific instructions.

Does this site use any kind of tracking devices?
Absolutely not! We do count unidentified ďhitsĒ on the home page, the total number of hits on all pages, the total number of hits on "feature" pages, and the total number of hits on external links (like the weather).
When you log in to a secured page, the system creates what is called a "session" cookie with your log in information. That way, you only have to log on one time. The cookie is removed when you exit the site or select the "log off" link on the left (under the menu buttons).

What if I cannot find the answer to my question in this section?
Just click the "Contact site administrator" link at the bottom of every page and ask your question that way.


Page content © 2017, Rosecroft Village Homeowners Association
Contact Site Administrator     Manage Page Content     Printer Friendly View

This Homeowners Association Website hosted with, a division of Nord Enterprises, Inc.